Advanced Diploma in Midwifery
Overview of the Program
Midwifery Program is designed to provide nurses with the opportunity to enhance their knowledge, skills and attitude in the field of maternity nursing. It is aimed to produce a nurse midwife who is knowledgeable and proficient in maternity care in line with industrial requirements. In addition, this program is aimed to develop a nurse midwife who is able to communicate effectively and demonstrate good leadership qualities within the organization, with the ability to solve problems in an innovative, creative and ethical way through a sustainable approach, demonstrates entrepreneurial skills and be aware of lifelong learning needs career development.
Program Learning Outcomes
At the end of this program, students will be able to:
- Describe the theory and concept of management and care of midwifery patients comprehensively.
- Apply midwifery knowledge to solve complex problems creatively and innovatively.
- Use variety practical skills in the midwifery care correctly, efficiently and safely.
- Form interpersonal relationships and interact comprehensively in delivering information and ideas related to midwifery care management to healthcare professionals.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in delivering information and ideas related to midwifery care management to patients and families.
- Use digital technology for information search, documentation and work procedures in midwifery nursing skillfully.
- Apply numerical skills accurately in work procedures related to midwifery care management.
- Demonstrate leadership ability and accountability characterized by autonomy in patient management with healthcare professionals.to pursue lifelong learning and professional
- Demonstrate the ability to pursue lifelong learning and professional development in the field of midwifery nursing.
- Manage effective health care and midwifery care activities with management skills in the entrepreneurial aspect.
- Practice ethical nursing practices in accordance with the professional code of conduct for nurses for the well-being of individuals and society.
- Appreciation of Ethics and Civilization
- Anatomy And Physiology applied to obstetrics
- Pharmacology in Midwifery
- Concept of Midwifery Nursing
- Management of Normal Midwifery
- Management of Neonate
- Clinical Practice 1
- Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship
- Fundamentals in Quality Management
- Management of High Risk Midwifery
- Management of Family and Community Health
- Management of Obstetric Emergencies
- Research Methodology and Statistics
- Clinical Practice 2
- Government / Semi-Government Agency RM10,000.00
- Private Organization RM12,000.00