1) IVF is done by combining sperm with oocyte together in a special media and container and incubated in a laboratory incubator. The fertilised oocyte is called embryo.
2) In IVF, fertilisation of the oocyte and sperm occurs in a special container, instead of in the fallopian tubes.
3) Oocyte is retrieved from the ovary by a procedure called 'Ovum Pick-up', and sperm are obtained by masturbation.
4) Embryos developed will be transferred back into the mother's womb for implantation.
5) Increase the chance of pregnancy by 30-40%.
1) Ovum Pick up
2) In Vitro Fertilisation
3) Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection(ICSI)
4) Embryo Development
5) Embryo Transfer