Business Development Department is restructuring or rebranding General Management and Facilities Department and established force on 17 May 2013 The main objective of this department is to allow University Malaya Medical Centre to grow more productive and innovative as a statutory body to generate its own revenue and income and self- sustainable in the short and long term.
With the restructuring of the department, it is expected to be able to move more smoothly through rigorous organizational structure and clear direction towards improving the UMMC through various activities. Other than that, theres a lot more responsibilities and function that carried by Business Development Department, such as :-
- To regulate, govern and coordinate the operation of revenue generation activities and the activities of existing services run on a commercial basis.
- To implement and monitor the implementation of revenue-generating activities such as the following:
Carry out research and analyze the opportunities and the coordination of activities of commercial and investment services for activities that are competitive and can generate revenue to University Malaya Medical Centre.
Prepare and recommend the guidelines, norms of the time and the incentive payment to the department and staff to the Committee on revenue generation University Malaya Medical Centre.
Monitor the implementation of revenue generating activities to ensure that all activities are carried out in accordance with the objectives set.
Coordinate with various groups and departments related to revenue-generating activities. It includes providing advice, guidance and training to the concerned authorities.
Conducting marketing activities on offer to attract new customers.
Prepare and submit performance reports / financial periodically to the Management Committee of Finance and Accounts.
- Service laboratory to the private sector
- Management of car park
- Property (including accommodation)
- Rental of space
- Sales of software systems and ICT
- The organization of the conference workshops and courses
- Other services.