Overview of the Program
Renal Nursing Program is designed to provide nurses with the opportunity to enhance their knowledge, skills and attitude in the field of renal nursing. It is aimed to produce nurses who are knowledgeable and proficient in the field of renal care in line with the industrial requirements. In addition, this program also aimed to develop nurses who are able to communicate effectively and demonstrate good leadership qualities within the organization, possess the ability to solve problems in an innovative, creative and ethical way through a sustainable approach, demonstrates entrepreneurial skills and aware of lifelong learning needs for successful career development.
Program Learning Outcomes
At the end of this program, students will be able to:
- Acquire and apply the scientific knowledge of renal nursing.
- Demonstrate expertise in providing holistic, skilled and safe renal nursing.
- Identify, formulate and deliver creative, innovative and effective solutions to renal problems.
- Communicate effectively in the form of writing and conversing between nurses, patients, family members and other healthcare professionals.
- Function effectively as an individual or in teams with the ability to become a leader.
- Understand and perform ethically the responsibilities of professional and humane, in line with the Nurses’ Code of Conduct.
- Recognize the need for and to engage in life-long learning and professional development.
- Self motivate and enhance entrepreneurship skills for career development.
- Realize and demonstrate the responsibilities of effective leadership.
- Basic Nephrology
- Concept of Renal Nursing
- Renal Nursing I: Nursing Management
- Renal Nursing II: Hemodialysis
- Renal Nursing III: Peritoneal Dialysis
- Renal Nursing IV: Renal Transplantation & Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy
- Clinical Practice
Government and Private Organisation RM5,000.00